Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just as the sun goes down it rises again

Traveling west at sundown makes for a very short night. I boarded the plane in Newark at 6pm eastern time and as the sun set in the west, it wasn't long before we met up with it in the east again. After 12 hours of flying and about an hour of sleep, I arrived in Stuttgart, Germany at 8:30 am. I was three trains away from Lara in Schwenningen. The train rides went well. At one point I was sitting across from a kind old man with curious eyes. We tried to speak but he did not know english and I had no idea what he said. So instead I watched him stare out the window and I wondered where he came from as we rode through beautiful, lushous country side with gorgeous red wild flowers and fields after fields of corn, oats, and dirt. I marveled at the beauty of small town German architecture. Bright red roofs and white wood sidings all looking alike and nestled in their valleys. I finally reached Schwenningen and dragged myself off the train and greeted my friend. Four months apart didn't seem that long once we started talking. Just as friends should be. As we spent the day strolling through the town I soaked in the sights and forgot every person's name right after meeting them. I ate spagetti ice cream and tried to cool myself off in the humid soaked heat. I was going on 24+ hours without sleep but we still went out that night and the shenanigans began. First after walking 30min to a chinese buffet we got stranded in a down pour. But to our amusement the euro cup games were on so we joined the germans and cheered on England. The rain didn't quit so we called for a ride from a friend and went to the bar at the train station. A few beers down and the rain stopped and the real fun began. If the first night went down like this I can only imagin what the trip has in store. Beer Pong tonight, teaching the locals! Count is 6 and 1 and thats it for now!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment