Thursday, June 28, 2012

Schwennigen Oh Schwennigen...quiet little schwennigen.

Compared to Munich, being back in Schwennigen is much quieter. Today I spent 45min watching ducks swim in a lake while Lara was in class. It was peaceful and made for a good reflection time. I have realized how much life has changed in the passed years since high school and this trip will be the biggest life changer by far. I have changed so much and I can barely remember who that person is anymore. It has made me appreciate all the changes I have gone through and I love where I am now. Today I watched a mother duck beat the sh%t out of this random looking black duck and it was actually really funny to watch. But today was really quiet. We took a walk through the country side this morning because we were both wide awake by 8:30am. Then we went to lunch and Lara went to class. I was free by myself for like four hours. So what does a girl do besides watch ducks...what every girl does best (especially this girl) SHOP!!! It took the whole time but I finally found some great shoes and finished in time to meet Lara and grab a beer down at Ostbahnhof. We stayed for another six hours sunk in comfy chairs and had a front row view of the Spain vs. Portugal soccer match. Which, can I just say, was terribley boring. 0-0 by the end, two OT and then kick offs for Spain to finally win. Geez. Tomorrow we are riding our bikes to Villigen and hanging out there for a while. The bikes here are super old and so tall they are hard to ride. But I do feel very European like while riding them, pretty much like I'm in a movie. Sorry there are no extranvagent stories this time but peaceful is nice every now in then. Cheers and prayers go out to Colorado. My favorite place in the world cannot burn down while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment